Photo props are huge right now! Between photobooths and backdrops, everyone is looking for that easy project to add a special something to their parties and get-togethers. I made this incredible photo hoop for my best friend’s baby shower a couple weeks ago and it went over really well. Not only was it beautiful, but it was cheap and easy to make!
What you’ll need:
- ribbon (I used 2″ gold glitter ribbon)
- hula hoop
- fake greenery and flowers
- hot glue gun/glue sticks
- fishing line (for when you hang it)
- Glue the end of the ribbon onto the hoop and wrap the ribbon around it. I used two rolls of ribbon. If you run out of ribbon and there are a few inches of the hula hoop uncovered, don’t worry. This happened to me and I just made sure the flowers covered the bare spot so I wouldn’t have to buy more ribbon.
- Cut the stems off of your flowers so the blossoms can be glued down. You may also want to trim some leaves off to be used later if there are bare spots. Lay out your greenery and flowers to make sure you have a good idea of what you want.
- Use your hot glue gun to glue down the greenery and flowers. Once everything is glued down, check to see if there are spots that could use more green and glue extra leaves in those spots.
- Once you are ready to hang it, tie fishing line to two different spots near the top of the hoop (think 10 and 2 on a clock) and tie the other ends of the fishing line to a tree branch or whatever it is you are using to hang your hoop.
- Take beautiful pictures!
Enjoy this easy prop and snap some beautiful memories. If you make your own photo hoop, tag me on Instagram in a picture of it (@ladybossnationblog) and I will re-gram it and give a shout out!